June 18, 2009

Peaceful Child

Peaceful child, while you sleep
Heaven knows the pain you keep.

New families, new friends, new faces, new strife
Lost in the blur of your seven-year old life.

Starting over - and over- and over - again
It is difficult, even for a grown man, to really imagine.

Your smile, your joy, your contagious laugh
Are these the tools to help you get down the path?

My instinct is to hold you away from the fray
To protect you, to guide you, and show you the way.

But my arms are only so long and my motives are not always true
There is only One Father who can provide that for you.

God, in His mercy, is faithful, righteous and pure
To meet you right where you are on this life-long tour .

He’ll be with you wherever you go to hold you tight
And His grip will sustain you through the darkest of nights.

- Paul (June 17, 2009 after E's first night with us)

But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in sin, made us alive together with Christ. Eph 2:4

This I declare about the Lord; He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust Him. Psalms 91:2

No comments:

Post a Comment